Pentagon Tales * Trasmissioni dal lockdown
1. Where are u right now?
I am currently in Michigan in the US
2. What’s happening in your country/city at the moment?
We are in lockdown and voluntary self isolation. We are only allowed to leave to go the store or work in essential businesses.
Are there any restrictions?Are venues/shops/bars opened?
Bars and venues are closed. Some restaurants are open for pickup and food will can be picked upcurb side. Deliveries are also not possible.
3. Did u have any tour/gig planned before this Thing started?
I was going to Italy mid March starting in Sardinia and also including Milan and Rome.
4. How this situation is reflecting on your everyday life?
I am producing from home but not leaving the house and working remotely with artists. I have a few virtual live shows Im planning.
5. How the Music Community in your country/city is reacting?
The music community is being very supportive.
6. Do u usually have any help from the Government if u’re a musician in your country?Do musicians get money if they tour?
I do not have government support for music as a US citizen.
7. How the Government reacted?Did they think about the economical loss and disaster the musicians are facing?
This is not currently an immediate concern. However, I am optimistic that the government will recognise musicians and producers as small businesses and issue them loans. There is already talk of this. Also a stimulus check of 1200 a month to every citizen in the US until the lockdown is over starting in a few days.
8. What’s the social situation where u live?How people in general are living these days?What’s the percentage of your friends that right now is not working for this reason?
all of my friends are not working right now. People are isolated and staying away from each other.
9. How’s reacting the Society and do u think after this will be over something will change in the everyday life?Do u think people will change anything in their life?
I think it will take longer in the US because it is one of the last hit and there is also the problem as the states operate similar to how separate countries in EU operate. Not everyone is on lockdown at once so different states are getting hit at different times. This could be a strategy but I am not sure why this would be.
10. Is there anything u would recommend to the people of the music world during these hard times?
To keep producing and value your work. Ask for peoples support and people to pay you for your work. Also be aware of ‘support’ from streaming services. Many of them are receiving donations and offering free artist promo. I also feel conflicted about this because the money goes to the streaming service in payment directly and not the artist.
11. Is there any book/lp/movie u read/listened/watched recently that u would recommend?
I would suggest the 21-Day Abundance Meditation Challenge with Deepak Chopra. It is an audio series you can purchase. It is about abundance and at a time like this resources feel scare, but the universe and world is abundant with love and kindness and it is an important way to ground yourself daily as a human on the 3rd rock from the sun through meditation, mindfullness and breaking the self imposed illusions of our existence.