Pentagon Tales: Gee (AK/DK)
Pentagon Tales * Trasmissioni dal lockdown
1. Where are u right now?
I’m in Manchester and Ed, my bandmate, is down in Brighton.
2. What’s happening in your country/city at the moment? Are there any restrictions?Are venues/shops/bars opened?
It’s been two weeks that the whole of the UK has been on lockdown. All pubs, venues and non-essential shops are shut down and everyone over 65 should definitely not even leave their house.
3. Did u have any tour/gig planned before this thing started?
We had a number of concerts and festivals planned over the next few months and they have all been cancelled.
4. How this situation is reflecting on your everyday life?
If we can do any of our work from home then we do that, and we spend a lot more time with our families. Aldo doing the finishing touches on our next album which should be out at the end of the summer.
5. How the Music Community in your country/city is reacting?
Obviously anyone who works in the live sector of gigs and booking is having a nightmare as every live event is cancelled. People are pulling together and supporting each other in any way they can.
6. Do u usually have any help from the Government if u’re a musician in your country?Do musicians get some money or help for the tour they cancelled?
Normally self-employed people don’t get a massive amount of help from the government but in these unprecedented times they are trying the best they can to make sure all people are able to get some financial support.
7. How the Government reacted?Did they think about the economical loss and disaster the musicians are facing?
The British government reacted quite slowly compared to other countries but it seems they’re taking it serious now. Certainly the live sector was one of the first industries to really feel the effect of the new laws.
8. What’s the social situation where u live?How people in general are living these days?What’s the percentage of your friends that right now is not working for this reason?
Everyone in general is behaving themselves and staying indoors, only key workers are still doing their jobs in hospitals, emergency services, etc. Unfortunately there is still a small amount of people still going out to parks and places as normal but maybe they’ll use the police more to stop these gatherings in the future. Many of my friends are self-employed and so have either had everything cancelled if they work in music or they might be trying to continue to work from home.
9. How’s reacting the Society and do u think after this will be over something will change in the everyday life?Do u think people will change anything in their life?
It’s impossible to say how things will change after all this has calmed down but I do very much hope that everyone appreciates the national health services even more after this.
10. Is there anything u would recommend to the people of the music world during these hard times?
These days are a chance to create something new or plan for the future – or just listen to all those albums you never did! It is also worth looking into the different artistic organisations and unions that can maybe help for anyone with financial emergencies.
11. Is there any book/lp/movie u read/listened/watched recently that u would recommend ?
I’m re-watching Madmen and of course everyone is becoming obsessed with the Tiger King series on Netflix. An amazing young, new band from the UK people should check out is ‘WH Lung’ – brilliant krautrock style music with a brilliant vocalist!
Comments are closed.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!