Pentagon Tales * Trasmissioni dal lockdown
Chris Brokaw (Codeine, Come, Dirtmusic, Consonant, The New Year, Geoff Farina, The Lemonheads, etc)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
1. Where are u right now?
— Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
2. What’s happening in your country/city at the moment?
Are there any restrictions?Are venues/shops/bars opened?
—everything is closed except for “essential services”: groceries, alcohol, pharmacies, hospitals, post office.
3. Did u have any tour/gig planned before this Thing started?
— yes, 11 shows in Italy, another 20 shows in US, all cancelled…
4. How this situation is reflecting on your everyday life?
— it’s changed it almost entirely! The only people I see are my girlfriend and her son. We see people sometimes in the neighborhood. I’m accustomed to being out in the world all the time…all my work now is teaching guitar and drums on Skype. I was doing this some already but business has picked up a lot. And I’ve done 3 livestreaming shows.
5. How the Music Community in your country/city is reacting?
— people have been really supportive of one another. They are really reaching out.
6. Do u usually have any help from the Government if u’re a musician in your country?Do musicians get money if they tour?
7. How the Government reacted?Did they think about the economical loss and disaster the musicians are facing?
— not really. There is supposed to be new unemployment benefits for self employed people but they haven’t gone in effect yet.
8. What’s the social situation where u live?How people in general are living these days?
—-it’s calm. people are obeying the lockdown pretty much, though not enough people wearing masks!
What’s the percentage of your friends that right now is not working for this reason?
— im not sure. it';s mixed. many are working online as best they can.
9. How’s reacting the Society and do u think after this will be over something will change in the everyday life?Do u think people will change anything in their life?
—- i really have no idea. it’s too soon to tell.
10. Is there anything u would recommend to the people of the music world during these hard times?
—- dont beat yourself up if you’re not being supercreative just yet. do the best you can. reach out to friends and loved ones.
11. Is there any book/lp/movie u read/listened/watched recently that u would recommend ?
—- after many years of not watching TV at all, im watching a lot now. Better Call Saul, Peaky Blinders, Barry, and Succession are all great.
Enjoying books by Dana Spiotta, Nico Walker, Rachel Kushner, Terry Castle, Mary Gaitskill, and Debbie Harry’s autobiography.
Listening to tons of noise and dub. Too much to list.
STAY SAFE AND SANE! Love and health to everyone….xx Chris